Merriwood Christian Camp was founded in 1958 by Salem Baptist Church
of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The 68+ acres we currently reside on was purchased, land was cleared, and buildings began to go up, starting with the dining hall, three main cabin buildings, and a chapel building. Since then, things have progressed and more buildings and staff housing have been built. MCC has been running our own summer camp programming since about 1990, with a complete counseling staff, program staff, food service team, and maintenance team.